On July 7-8, patients and families from across the country are planning to meet in Greenville, SC for the 2017 EosConnection Patient Education Conference on EGIDs (eosinophil-associated gastrointestinal diseases)!
We know you’ll be just as excited as we are about the program, expert speakers, and the opportunity to network and socialize with other families. Here’s why!:
1. A Unique, Once-A-Year Opportunity: Families come year after year to APFED’s conference not only to learn the latest information and strategies for better living with EGIDs, but also to reconnect with one another and to welcome new members to our community.
2. Expertise: We’re bringing together experts in EGIDs care and research for a powerful agenda focused on the topics that matter most to you.
3. Be in the Know: You’ll hear the latest in research straight from the scientists themselves! You’ll learn what may be on the horizon for diagnostics and treatments, key studies that had an impact this past year, and how to get involved. Leave with the hope that there are better days ahead!
4. Location: Greenville, South Carolina combines southern charm, stunning natural beauty and contemporary cool—no wonder it’s one of the country’s hottest emerging destinations and fastest growing cities. The conference is held downtown at the Hyatt Regency Greenville, walking distance to over 60 restaurants and shops. You can also explore lush parks and the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains just minutes away.
5. Answers: You have questions, and the conference is your chance to get answers from the best minds in the field. You’ll have multiple Q&A opportunities during both general and breakout sessions.
6. Personalization: Whether where you or your child are new to the EGID journey or a seasoned veteran, you can select sessions that fit your needs and interests. The conference agenda offers something for everyone!
7. Get Inspired: How do you cope with scopes? What are some strategies for managing a restricted diet in the real world? What’s on the horizon for EGID research? We have sessions designed with you in mind! Our agenda was created for EGID families, by EGID families, full of practical guidance that you can learn from immediately and implement into life at home.
8. Become Empowered: The opportunity to share challenges, concerns, and coping strategies with others who truly understand provides patients and family members with a sense of relief and empowerment. Whether you want to learn how to establish and maintain appropriate care, discuss the emotional impact of living with an EGID, or participate in advancing research, we have sessions geared toward taking better care of yourself or your child.
9. Connections: You’ll meet people from across the country who “get it”! Make new friends, expand your support network and find new ideas for practical management.
10. Fun! In addition to our sessions, we have social opportunities planned for attendees and travel companions, including a Family Fun Pool Party, a Meet and Greet, our HOPE on the Horizon Walk, and an anniversary party.
You can also join the Facebook group that was set up for attendees to meet one another, share conference information, and make plans to get together during this amazing weekend!
The deadline for early bird rates is June 15, so check out the details and register today. We look forward to seeing you in Greenville!
P.S. First-time conference attendees may be eligible to receive waived conference registration fees and up to $500 in reimbursements for travel and lodging through the EleCare® Travel Grant program. Learn more and apply.
P.P.S. Can’t join us in Greenville? As a virtual attendee, you may access the general sessions on Saturday, July 8 via live web stream. You’ll also have the opportunity to submit questions to our speakers. In addition, you’ll have on-demand access to the recorded sessions for a three-month period following the conference. Get all the details on our conference registration page.