Join patients and families from across the country at APFED’s 14th Annual Patient Education Conference on eosinophil-associated gastrointestinal diseases (EGIDs)! This year’s conference will be held July 8-9 in San Diego. We know you’ll be just as excited as we are about the program, expert speakers, and the opportunity to network and socialize with other families.
Many families plan vacations around annual APFED’s conference. Why? Because they know the knowledge and insights they’ll receive on eosinophil-associated diseases are unparalleled. Attendees also value the opportunity to meet others who walk a similar path, establish lasting friendships, and become inspired and motivated to live well with EGIDs.
Still not sure if the conference is right for you? Here are even more reasons to attend:
1. Expertise: We’re bringing together the leading experts in EGIDs care and research for a powerful agenda focused on the topics that matter most to you.
2. Knowledge: Enrich your understanding of EGIDs and leave with new strategies and resources to manage your disease with confidence. You’ll also gain knowledge that empowers you to become a more effective advocate for your care or that of your child.
3. Answers: You have questions, and the conference is your chance to get answers from the best minds in the field. You’ll have multiple Q&A opportunities during both general and breakout sessions.
4. Location: From the surf to the city, experience all that San Diego has to offer! The conference is held downtown at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina overlooking San Diego Bay. San Diego is widely known as “America’s Finest City,” with miles of white-sand beaches, amazing weather, and an abundance of fun attractions.
5. Personalization: Customize your conference experience by choosing from a variety of informative sessions tailored to where you or your child are on your EGID journey, as well as topics of interest in the practical management of EGIDs.
6. Inspiration: How do you cope with a chronic illness? What are some strategies for managing an elimination diet? What does the future hold for EGID research? We have sessions designed with you in mind! Our agenda was created for EGID families, by EGID families, full of valuable guidance that you can learn from immediately and implement into life at home.
7. Self-care: Whether you want to learn how to establish and maintain appropriate care, discuss the emotional impact of living with an EGID, or discover ways to help advance research, we have sessions geared toward taking better care of yourself or your child.
8. Hope: How far have we come with EGID research and where are investigators heading? You’ll get the inside scoop with special updates led by researchers from APFED’s Hope of the Horizon Fund and the Consortium of Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disease Researchers (CEGIR). Leave with the hope that there are better days ahead!
9. Connections: Want to connect with other patients and families who “get it.” This unique event brings our community together to share tips, advice and experiences. What works? What doesn’t? Expand your support network and find new ideas for practical management.
10. Fun! In addition to our sessions, there are additional social opportunities planned, including Family Fun Day at the USS Midway® Museum on July 7, APFED’s HOPE on the Horizon Walk on July 8, and an evening social on July 9.
You can also join the Facebook group that was set up for attendees to meet one another, share conference information, and make plans to get together during this amazing weekend!
The deadline for early bird rates is June 15, so check out the details and register today. We look forward to seeing you in San Diego!
Your Friends at APFED
P.S. Interested in attending your first APFED Patient Education Conference in San Diego? Don’t miss your chance to apply for a 2016 EleCare® Travel Grant! APFED will distribute TEN $500 awards to qualifying families. Learn more and apply.
P.P.S. Can’t join us in San Diego? As a virtual attendee, you may access the general sessions on Saturday, July 9 via live web stream. You’ll also have the opportunity to submit questions to our speakers. In addition, you’ll have on-demand access to the recorded sessions for a short period following the conference. Get all the details on our conference registration page.