The Haley Royko Memorial Scholarship was established in memory of a remarkable community member who sadly passed away in the spring of 2018 at a young age.
Despite significant medical challenges, Haley contributed to our community in ways that have left an impression on our hearts and souls. She was a brave warrior who educated and connected patients with one another for support and advice.
It is APFED’s honor to present this scholarship in Haley’s memory.
APFED will award one $1,000 college scholarship for the 2019-2020 school year.
Please review the qualifications and requirements for the scholarship and complete the form below to apply. The application and required documentation must be submitted to APFED by May 31, 2019.
- Applicant must be diagnosed with an eosinophil-associated disorder
- Applicant must be enrolled in a 2- or 4-year undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited college, university, trade school, technical school, or vocational school located in the United States for the 2019-2020 school year
- Applicant must demonstrate academic merit
- Complete online application by May 31, 2019
- Letter from a physician documenting the applicant’s diagnosis with an eosinophil-associated disorder
- Academic transcript from the most recent school year
- Essay, 900 words or less, that answers the question “How has an eosinophil-associated disease made a difference in my life?”
Scholarship selection and payment
- Applications, for those who qualify, will be reviewed by APFED’s Scholarship Committee
- Scholarship recipient will be announced by July 27, 2019 by email and at APFED’s Annual Patient Education Conference
- Scholarship money will be awarded directly to the applicant’s college, university, trade school, technical school, or vocational school during the month of August 2019. The scholarship funds will be issued after receiving a certificate of enrollment which includes the Student ID number and Financial Aid Office address.
Questions? Email email@example.com.