Mark your calendars for APFED’s 17th Annual Patient Education Conference on Eosinophil-Associated Diseases (EADs) on July 25-27, 2019 in the Washington, DC area (Bethesda, MD)! Join us to meet patients and families, learn more about EADs, gain practical management strategies, and hear research updates from experts in the field.
Plan to join other families onsite on July 25 for additional social opportunities. Conference sessions and activities will take place at The Bethesdan Hotel, unless otherwise noted. Stay tuned for additional conference details!
The Bethesdan Hotel*
8120 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814
- The venue is currently known as DoubleTree by Hilton. Hilton will rebrand this hotel in Spring 2019 under the new name, “The Bethesdan.”
- We have arranged for a special room rate at the hotel of $139 per night, plus applicable taxes and fees.
- You may make your hotel reservations online via this link: https://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/W/WASBHDT-AP7-20190723/index.jhtml
- Rooms with two beds are available – If the landing page on the link above only shows only options for rooms with a king bed, add your dates of stay and go to the next page for 2-bed options for the group rate.
- The discount code for rooms is auto-populated in the link. If you book through the hotel’s website instead of the direct link and are prompted for a code, use ‘AP7’.
- We encourage you book lodging through the link above versus booking through a third party website/service. This will help identify your reservation as part of our group. Additionally, if you book through a third party, we will not be able to assist with correcting any issues that may arise with your reservation.
- If you call the hotel directly to book your rooms, mention “APFED” or “American Partnership for Eosinophilic Disorders” for the group rate.
- Mini-fridges are available in each room. We will offer a hospitality suite on site which will also include a refrigerator as well as a microwave. We are working with the hotel to develop options for special allergy-friendly menu offerings through the onsite restaurant and in-room dining services; we will post more information as it becomes available.
Conference Registration will open in early Spring 2019!
Thinking about attending Eos Connection 2019? Join our conference Facebook group to connect with others, find out up-to-date information, and get your questions answered.
What Did Attendees Have to Say About the 2018 APFED Conference?
“The conference was incredibly helpful in clarifying and increasing my understanding of my son’s disease, giving me a roadmap of the current research, treatments, and the biology regarding eosinophil diseases.”
“It was good to see the positive steps forward in understanding and treating disease more specifically towards each patient. To meet families who have dealt with the disease for years, and those who were just diagnosed, and finding we are all dealing with the same social issues, family issues, and medical questions was comforting. It made us feel less alone.”
“The opportunity to spend time talking to the doctors treating and researching the disease, plus other people having similar experiences as myself is worth the trip, every time.”
“This was my first time attending. I was so impressed with the entire program. The information was pertinent, it was user friendly, the coordinators were helpful and organized. Everyone was friendly and answered any questions we had.”
“Even though my son was diagnosed three years ago, there is still so much to learn about EoE. I feel I came away with new and more knowledge to further my collaboration with his doctors.”
“I have been searching for the words that would express the profound sense of community I felt this week. I still don’t have them. I will simply say, thank you. Thank you for the forum, transparency, willingness, stranger love and care. To know you are not alone and to see you are not alone are two different things. I have NEVER seen [my son] so happy to be around others like him.”
“In all ways, my son and I benefit. There is nothing like being among people who ‘get it!'”
“Very informative! Thank you!”
“If I learned nothing from coming to an APFED conference – which I did, by the way! – it is worth it to see my child be able to relate to like-minded peers who are going through the same things.”
“Very well-organized and thoughtful event. I would love to come every year!”
“So much wonderful information to take home to continue our treatments for our son and improve our advocacy for him.”
“Such a wonderful event to bring together the EGIDs community for education, support, and fun!”
“A great place to learn what is happening in research and treatment advances for patients.”
“I will be a better advocate for us now!”
2018 Conference Materials
Our 2018 conference took place in July 2018 in Denver, CO.
- 2018 Program
- Post Event Q&A: Our speakers answer questions that remained from the onsite q&a panels.
Thanks to our Education Partners for making the 2018 Eos Connection Conference possible:
Platinum & Travel Grant Partners
Mead Johnson Nutrition
Rare Patient Voice
About Our 2017 Conference
APFED’s 2017 Eos Connection was held July 8-9, 2017 in Greenville, SC.