Join patients and families from across the country at APFED’s 17th Annual Patient Education Conference on eosinophil-associated diseases (EADs)! This year’s conference will be held July 25-27 in the Washington, DC area. We know you’ll be just as excited as we are about the program, expert speakers, and the opportunity to network and socialize with other families.
Many families plan vacations around annual APFED’s conference. Why? Because they know the knowledge and insights they’ll receive on eosinophil-associated diseases are unparalleled. Attendees also value the opportunity to meet others who walk a similar path, establish lasting friendships, and become inspired and motivated to live well with EADs.
Still not sure if the conference is right for you? Here are even more reasons to attend:
- Expertise: We’re bringing together the leading experts in EAD care and research for a powerful agenda focused on the topics that matter most to you.
- Knowledge: Enrich your understanding of EADs and leave with new strategies and resources to manage your disease with confidence. You’ll also gain knowledge that empowers you to become a more effective advocate for your care or that of your child.
- Answers: You have questions, and the conference is your chance to get answers from the best minds in the field. You’ll have multiple Q&A opportunities during both general and breakout sessions.
- Location: The conference will be held at The DoubleTree by Hilton in the thriving urban community of Bethesda, home to a variety of attractions, parks, shops, and restaurants—with easy access to all that Washington DC has to offer!
- Personalization: Customize your conference experience by choosing from a variety of informative sessions tailored to where you or your child are on your EAD journey, as well as topics of interest in the practical management of EAD.
- Inspiration: What does the future hold for EAD research? How can families prepare for a transition from pediatric to adult care? What conditions overlap with EAD? We have sessions designed with you in mind! Our agenda was created for EAD families, by EAD families, full of valuable guidance that you can learn from immediately and implement into life at home.
- Self-care:Whether you want to learn how to establish and maintain appropriate care, discuss the emotional impact of living with an EAD, or discover ways to help advance research, we have sessions geared toward taking better care of yourself or your child.
- Hope: How far have we come with EAD research and where are investigators heading? You’ll get the inside scoop with special updates led by researchers from APFED’s Hope of the Horizon Fund and the Consortium of Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disease Researchers (CEGIR). Leave with the hope that there are better days ahead!
- Connections:Want to connect with other patients and families who “get it.” This unique event brings our community together to share tips, advice and experiences. What works? What doesn’t? Expand your support network and find new ideas for practical management.
- Fun! In addition to our sessions, there are additional social opportunities planned, including Family Fun Day at the National Museum of Natural History on July 25 and a Family-Friendly Social Mixer and Casino Night on July 27.
You can also join the Facebook group that was set up for attendees to meet one another, share conference information, and make plans to get together during this amazing weekend!
The deadline for early bird rates is June 27, so check out the details and register today. We look forward to seeing you in Washington, DC!
Your Friends at APFED
P.S. Can’t join us in Washington, DC? Check out our virtual attendance option! Get the details and register.