- A Conceptual Approach to Understanding Treatment Response in Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- 2018 Updated international consensus diagnostic criteria for eosinophilic esophagitis: PPIs better classified as treatment vs. a diagnostic criterion (Outcomes from the AGREE Conference)
- 2011 Consensus Guidelines on the Diagnosis and Management of Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Summary document- 2011 Updated Consensus Recommendations on the diagnosis and management of Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Eosinophilic esophagitis: A practical primer for an atypical disease
- Eosinophilic esophagitis: Guidance document
- White paper AGA: Drug Development for Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- How I Treat Hypereosinophilic Syndromes
- Hypereosinophilic Syndromes Working Group: Approaches to the Treatment of Hypereosinophilic Syndromes
- Vaccination in Individuals with Egg Allergy
- Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Food Allergy in the United States
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence – Food Allergy Guidelines (UK)
Webinars and Slide Sets
- Resources from NASPGHAN (North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition)
- Guidance for the nutrition management of gastrointestinal allergy in pediatrics.
- Practical approach to implementing dietary therapy in adults with eosinophilic esophagitis: the Chicago experience.
- Dietary Therapy and Nutrition Management of Eosinophilic Esophagitis: A Work Group Report from the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology.
- Pediatric Nasogastric Tube Placement and Verification: Best Practice Recommendations From the NOVEL Project
ICD-10-CM Codes for EGIDs
In 2008, APFED wrote and initiated the implementation of ICD-9 codes for EGIDs. On October 1, 2015, these codes were updated with the implementation of the new ICD-10 coding system:
K20.0 Eosinophilic Esophagitis
K52.81 Eosinophilic Gastritis and Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis
K52.82 Eosinophilic Colitis
- Eosinophilic Asthma: J82
Eosinophilic Cellulitis: L98.3
Eosinophilic Cystitis: N30.80
Eosinophilic Fasciitis: M35.4
Eosinophilic Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis, aka Churg-Strauss Syndrome: M30.1
- EGPA Guidelines. A document endorsed by the American College of Rheumatology and the Vasculitis Foundation provides guidance to health care professionals on how to treat antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody–associated vasculitis (AAV), including granulomatosis with polyangiitis (GPA), microscopic polyangiitis (MPA), and eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangiitis (EGPA). View and download a copy. A consensus document is expected to be published in a medical journal in 2022.
- Eosinophilic Myalgia Syndrome: M35.8
Eosinophilic Pneumonia: J82
Hypereosinophilic Syndrome: D72.1
Eosinophilic Myositis: 729.1